Math in the Classroom

Hi Friends, 
Today in Second Grade, we focused on our math skills. 


We use a workbook from a program that focuses on the objectives of our province. I use the program to introduce the concepts to the students. We often complete the workbook as a class and learn together.

After we learn the concepts we PRACTICE! 


The kiddies love working in centers and it's a great way for me to work in small groups. I take lots of notes and check for understanding. 

We also practice using my Printables and Interactive Games. 

   

   


   

   

The kiddies LOVE practicing math on the iPads!
I'm still adding interactive games/printables to my store so stay tuned for MORE!

All throughout the units, I place math vocabulary words on our  Math Word Wall.


We also put up new concepts we've learned on our Math Focus Wall!
You can grab it for free by clicking on the picture below!


We also complete Word Problems & Application Problems!

   

   

Everyday we review and practice number sense activities. This is separate from our regular math block. We do a lot of skip counting, subtizing, and singing too! 

   

   

Here are some of the songs we sing!







I like this skip counting song because we also use it to learn how to count quarters when we are learning about money!

You can grab all of these packs in one great bundle HERE!


Click on the pictures to check out all these packs!
Until next time...


Sign up for my newsletter to get tips, tricks, and freebies sent directly to your inbox. 

No comments

Back to Top