Distance Learning for Math

Hi Friends, 
I hope you've been taking good care of yourselves and staying safe!
This is a very trying time, and it's important to remember to take of ourselves too.

I wanted to write a quick blog post about some of the math activities I've been sending my kiddos for distance learning. I also thought sharing some freebies would help you out a bit too!



Every week I send my students a series of digital games that review concepts we had already learned in class. The students and parents love them! I also send practice games for important skills that should be practiced regularly. These are some of the games I have included in this FREE sampler. 

Next week, I will begin filming short videos to teach NEW skills to my students, as well as conduct more Zoom meetings to teach skills. So far our meetings have been focused mainly on socializing, discussing, and playing fun games together. I will also be writing a blog post to outline some of the fun activities we've been doing when we meet on Zoom soon. 

Here are the games you will get in this sampler:


Adding doubles is something I teach from the very beginning of the year. If students know their doubles, they can easily learn new strategies like +1 or -1.  


Estimating is such an important skill. We always start with easy activities like a jar of marbles and guessing the number. We talk about how if there are very few marbles in the jar, the number can't be a big number like 100. We are now at the point where we can round numbers to the nearest 10!


Even and odd numbers is one of those skills that constantly needs to be reinforced.
 This is a fun game to do just that.


Subitizing is SO important. It helps students so much! Picturing and visualizing numbers is a great way to help develop so many other skills in math. 

Click HERE if you want to learn more about my Distance Learning activities. I have many (for ELA and MATH). 

Sign up for my email list and you'll automatically receive this sampler in your inbox. Everything us ready to go! Just press send and your students can start playing and learning!

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Sign up BELOW to grab this FREE Sampler⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

If you're already signed up, don't fret! This pack has already been sent to your inbox! 

No comments

Back to Top