Quoting the Kiddies (Chapter: 1)

Good Morning Everyone,
Here is my first entry for Quoting the Kiddies! I have a few funnies written down and thought I'd share them with all of you!



Setting the Scene 

About to play a calming Maximo yoga video from GoNoodle. As many of you already know, Maximo is Spanish. I stand beside the SmartBoard and ask the kiddies if they are ready.
 Count to three... Uno, Dos, Tres... And press play. 

Quoting Jack

Wow, I knew Ms. Nicole was Greek. I didn't know she was half Spanish too!

Yes folks, I am fluent in Spanish. I can count to three and politely ask for a mojito. 



Setting the Scene 

It's a few days before Canadian Thanksgiving. We are talking about the holiday and discussing what we are thankful for. 

Quoting Jenna

On Thanksgiving we celebrate the Queen. We are thankful for the Royal Family. 

That's right everyone. Everyone in Canada takes the day off, gathers with their family, eats turkey, and celebrates the Queen of England.




Setting the Scene 

It's a few days before Canadian Thanksgiving. I am putting up our turkey crafts and decide to make a GIANT turkey for the bulletin board. 

Quoting Ceasar

Woahhhhhhh! How much glue did you need to make THAT ONE!

Actually, I used staples... Didn't have the heart to break it to him though. 


Setting the Scene 

One of my students was adamant about taking a trip to Marine Land 
(that's about 674 km away - 418 miles).

Quoting Sarah

Ms. Nicole, on Tuesday Sarah's mom is taking us to Marine Land. There's still some room in the car. You wanna come too? 

Doesn't everyone take random road trips in the middle of the week with their second grade students and their parents?



Setting the Scene 

The weather began to cool down and we were getting ready for recess. It was one of the first days we needed to wear hats, gloves, scarves, etc... I told the kids I was not ready for this and was going to move to California. Some of them complained that they didn't want another teacher so I told them they could all come with me.

Quoting Steven

That's perfect. They have my shirt size there. 

Apparently Steven has a hard time finding his size here. It's always sold out and he has to order clothes online. 

These kiddies crack me up everyday! Be sure to comment some of the funnies your kiddies say!

Until next time...

No comments

Back to Top