Let's Party! Halloween Style!

Hi Friends, 
Today in Second Grade, we are preparing for our Halloween Class Party!



I just wanted to share some of the fun activities I've been trying over the last few years.

Tic-Tac-Toe

I found this cute game at my local dollar store but it's an easy DIY project too! A little felt, some velcro,  marker or paint, and VOILA! 


Eyeball Race

This is a Halloween alternative to the spoon/egg race! Students race along the hall without dropping the eyeball from the wooden spoon. If they do, they have to go back to beginning and start again. 


Pumpkin Rings

I love pumpkins, so I borrowed the ones I purchased for my house and made some rings out of pipe cleaners. Then, the students tried to throw the rings around the pumpkins!


Spider Race

A few plastic spiders, plastic snakes and straws are all you need for this fun "obstacle course race!" Students are expected to blow their spiders around the obstacles/snakes. 


Ghost Bowling

A few rolls of toilet paper and a ball can go a long way! My students loved knocking over the ghosts at last year's party!


Spider Catch

I made a huge spider web on the floor with painters tape. Then I asked students to try to catch as many spiders as they could in 1 minute, without touching the web! It was lots of fun!


Halloween Puzzles

My student teacher made these awesome puzzles out of popsicle sticks. She drew different Halloween scenes and characters and the kiddies loved putting the puzzles together!


I ran this party with stations. I let the students pick their own groups since it was a fun day and they circulated around the classroom and hallway. I timed each station for about 5 minutes each and asked for lots of parent volunteers. 

It was a fun morning! We spent our afternoon working on some Stinky Poems!

Check them out HERE!



Until next time...

P.S. Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter! Lots of tips, tricks, and freebies sent directly to your inbox!

No comments

Back to Top