St. Patrick's Day Throwback!

Good Morning Sweet Friends,
I hope you are all having a fabulous Saturday morning! I certainly am! Here's a little throwback to last year's Stuck theme. I did it again this year and the kiddies loved it! Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a post about my new Sneaky Poems Craftivity (It was loads of fun)!!!!!



We got a lot done, including a read aloud, a writing activity, a craft, AND a listening activity!
I love finding new and fun ways to practice and assess comprehension, and my Draw a Leprechaun poem was just the thing!

Here are some more pics from our week!


First, we read a story on the Smartboard, about Lucky the Leprechaun. I also printed the story and placed it in a folder, for our classroom library. The kiddies love referring back to it. 


Then, the students became illustrators! I gave them a black and white print version of the story and we reread it as a class. We highlighted some new words and vocabulary too. 




Click on the picture below to check out this package!


After familiarizing ourselves with the story, we moved on and created our own!
I usually model writing with them, but decided to complete an anchor chart this time. Of course, there was a craft! It's always a popular activity!




Finally, on Friday, we took it a little easy. After all, we had worked hard all week! I read my Draw a Leprechaun poem and the kiddies let out their inner artists! 



Click on the picture below to check out this package!


Here is a photo of last year's bulletin board! I absolutely love it!


Now if only we could start to see some green OUTSIDE too!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Until next time...
 

1 comment

Back to Top