Winter Olympics

Hi Friends,
Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed a lovely holiday season and wish 
you only the best in 2018!

I am so excited to share one of my favorite units with you in my first blog post for 2018.
I'm from Canada and Winter Sports are a big deal here so the when the Winter Olympics roll around, I am one happy girl!

I made this pack four years ago and it has finally received a much needed makeover!


Click HERE to check out this pack NOW!

I'm very excited to teach about the Olympics and Winter Sports this year because it is a subject that will be completely new for most of my students. The last time the Winter Olympics took place, my students were about three years old and won't remember what it's all about!

I've set the unit up so that students can complete one activity each day for ten days. I have included lesson guides for the teacher in order to make implementation easy and stress free!

The pack includes a variety of introductory activities. Matching games, Read/Write the Room, Pictures and Videos of each sport to encourage discussion of prior knowledge. 


There are also eight different Winter sports included. Students will watch videos about each sport, read information cards, and complete comprehension and fun fact sheets.

The sports included are: Luge, Bobsleigh, Ski Jump, Figure Skating, Ice Hockey, Curling, Alpine Skiing, and Snowboarding.

  

  

  

  

Once students have learned about any or all sports they can complete a series of fun bonus activities!
These activities can also be used as early finisher work, or completed in between the sports lessons. You may use this unit however you see fit!
Included in these activities are a mini-book, word scramblers, wordseacrh, vocabulary logs, writing activities, drawing, coloring, and more!

  

  

  

This unit is sure to keep your students engaged during the cold Winter days!

You can click on the picture below to check out this pack and download a FREE preview of the bobsleigh activity included in this pack!



Until next time...
If you haven't subscribed to my newsletter yet, you're missing out on tips, tricks, and freebies sent right to your inbox!

No comments

Back to Top