Yummy, Yummy Salads!

Good Morning Fellow Bloggers, 
Yes, it's been a while! Oh, the joys of report cards and end of term. Now that it's all done and Spring Break has begun, I have more time to dedicate to myself, my family and friends, and my blogging buddies!

So here I am with a brand new post!


Cute right?!

I forgot to mention that I have a wonderful student-teacher, who is confidant, assertive and takes initiative! She helped me create the little Smart Board story, I'm about to share with all of you (GRATIS!) and carried out this lesson with the kiddies!!

The lesson began with a Smart Board story about a Scrumptious Salad.


Our mini-lesson emphasized the use of contractions (as my kiddies have learned about this concept) and the use of adjectives. 


After Ms. Amanda (S.T.) read the story to the kiddies, she went back to each page and looked for contractions and adjectives. The students circled the adjectives and drew an arrow to the words they were describing.

Finally, when we returned to class, the kiddies came up with their own salad recipes!


Grab your FREE stationary HERE!
Grab your FREE Smart Board Story HERE!

I am working on some new units and can't wait to tell you all about them!
Until next time...

Ms. Nicole xo




6 comments

  1. That is really cute! Thanks for the freebies. =) I'm still waiting on an intern that has initiative.

    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am very pleased with mine! Definitely worth it when you do find one!!! Loving the one on one time I'm getting with some of my students who need a little extra push!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love this! Thank you for the *freebie*! I am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance and grab my new *freebie*. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Thanks for following too! I'm on my way over to your blog right now!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower. Love this Salad Idea! It is adorable!!! You should swing by my blog sometime! I teach 1st grade now, but have taught 2nd before too!
    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher
    www.cotesclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I have taught first grade too (many years ago) and love it! I will def pass by your blog and follow you! Thanks for stopping by!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top