Sweet for Contractions

Dear Blogger Friends,
                                   If you are anything like me (which I’m sure most teachers are), you must have a sweet tooth! I love anything to do with cupcakes, chocolate, and other little treats! I also love creating engaging and resourceful units to use with my kiddies. Upon reading my latest writer’s workshop stories with my kiddos, I noticed that many of them had trouble with contractions. So, I combined 2 of my many passions (baking and teaching) and created a wonderful contraction unit based on cupcake treats! 

This 55 page unit is a fun and exciting way to learn all about contractions. Students will take part in many great activities and practice using contractions in various ways. Through the colorful and vibrant images, students will be motivated to complete tasks. With a cupcake theme as a basis, this unit provides students with an amusing approach to mastering this skill.

Included in the package are:

- 8 contraction rule signs (colorful and informative)

- a complete list of 64 words and associated contractions (can be given to the students as a reference)

- 4 contractions centers including: memory game, build a sentence game, match the word with contraction game, and build a contraction game (all centers/games include recording sheets for students to use)

- 3 contraction worksheets (great for homework review)

The students will love using the cupcake patterns to play games and build contractions. A great resource that can be implemented any time of year. 






No comments

Back to Top