When Reptiles INVADE the Classroom

Hello Everyone,
I'd like to tell you all about the time I volunteered my classroom for an activity where a bunch of reptiles took over my classroom. Basically, that's what happened. Really.


As you can see in the photograph above, they made themselves quite at home. 
Much to my dismay I might add.

Anyone who knows me, knows how OCD I am in the classroom. 
Imagine my surprise when I walked into the class (after the other second grade class had already had their visit) to see Wallie and Dweezle wandering around FREELY.

Yes, Wallie and Dweezle were their names. Cute I know. Not so cute once you got to know them.
Just saying.


Here we have Dweezle. 
Dweezle liked walking into walls and getting tangled up in computer wires.
He was such a delight. 

Below, we have his friend Wallie.
Wallie didn't say much. He didn't do much either.
I rather liked Wallie actually.


Then we met this guy.
Although we had a quick encounter together, I never got his name.
He never called either.


He wasn't the friendliest Snapping Turtle I've come across but the kiddies liked him.

I DID appreciate the fact that he did in fact leave me with all ten fingers.
Such a thoughtful little guy.

All jokes aside. This was a wonderful experience for the students. I really recommend it especially if you're working on a reptile or, in our case,  dinosaur theme

(Was the closest we could find to a T-REX on short notice)

The kiddie asked great questions, met many interesting creatures, 
and learned a whole bunch of interesting facts.

And if I can overlook the minor mess and the fact that reptiles (shudder) 
were wandering around my classroom, anyone can.  Seriously. 


The students were engaged. 
It was educational. It was different. It was fun.

Thanks Reptizoo for a wonderful experience!

Until next time...

1 comment

  1. This looks like so much fun. I would have loved to have been a student in your class when all this adventure was taking place.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top